Donate

Saturday, September 29, 2012

San Joaquin Delta College Exhibit 2012

It was a sunny and calm 7:45 am when I arrived at Delta College, last Thursday Sept., 27 and contacted the Campus Police.  They were very helpful, meeting me, showing me where to park, making arrangements for me not to get a parking ticket, and helping handle the cart of easels from the parking lot to the Joe Serna Amphitheater by the Quad in the middle of Campus.  What a pretty campus!  If you are ever there it is worth the walk to see the koi pond.  Three students volunteered to help set up and we had it made in the shade.  They had a "Your Vote" event, that included free tacos, so we probably got better traffic than you would get on a regular day.

The discussions we generated around The Better World Shopping Guide, Project Censored, Nonviolent Communication, and Ruses for War encourage taking responsibility, more active participation in the peace movement, critical thinking, ethical consumerism, and responsible sustainable citizenship.





  I have noticed the energy in the gratitude expressed to me, by so many who see the Peace Panel Project, that I feel more energetic, grateful, and inspired.  What a way to be.  I feel inspired to do what I can to build the movement towards peace and justice.  I think the students who see the exhibit benefit to have these ideas introduced to them.  The ones who read every word may become more active in the peace movement.  The ones who just glance at the headlines as they walk by are now more aware that these ideas exist and perhaps the next time they think about them they will lend them more interest.  In a day when so many of us spend so much time indoors behind a monitor, the Peace Panel Project is a refreshing, outdoor, and original way to communicate ideas and information that are not available on the evening network news.

I folded up the exhibit at 3 pm and joined Stockton's Peace Vigil on Pacific Ave., at Yokuts from 5 - 6 pm.  It was fun to meet Patrick and his peace activist friends (and the Peace Poodle) and share an hour demonstrating for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment