Donate

Monday, May 5, 2014

Peace Panel Project Valley Tour Spring 2014 (part 1)




Arrived at California State University Stanislaus, Turlock, Tuesday, 4/29/14, at 8:30 am, met with the lady from Student Leadership and Development and she walked us to our spot to set up.  Senior, Dalton Fitzgerald helped me set up the seven easels and 20, 2’ x 4’ Peace Panels.  No sales were allowed, so I offered to mail books to those who inquired; handed out brochures and flyers about nonviolent communication, Ruses for War, Project Censored, Better World Shopping and Career Builders / counter recruitment. I got sincere gratitude from the international students that stopped by. 

A woman who had come by earlier came back in the afternoon with her daughter, who picked up a Career Builder brochure.  We discussed a couple of the Career Builders programs and they were very thankful.  The college age daughter said she had been learning welding and was considering joining the military, but now she wanted to check out the California Conservation Corps!  She seemed relieved to have some options.  

Another student came by, looked at the Career Builders Panel, picked up a brochure from the holder and actually jumped, upon seeing the options, and exclaimed, “This is what I’ve been looking for!”

At the end of the day, a very tan, young man offered to watch my stuff while I brought the truck around and he helped me get the cart of Panels and easels up the ramp and into the truck. We got that done, and as we parted he hollered, “More power to you!”  And I felt it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment